Thursday, March 10, 2011

LETTER: Katz: It’s Been A Privilege To Serve

To the Editor:
It has been a privilege to serve this village that became our home almost eight years ago, when Karen and I moved our three boys, Nate, Robbie and Joey, from a busy suburb and relocated them to Cooperstown.
In my six years experience as trustee, two of those as deputy mayor, I have shown measurable accomplishment as I’ve served on virtually every committee. On those committees and boards I have worked diligently, doing thorough research to approach old issues with new information, or come up with fresh, innovative ideas to present and act upon.
Specific issues come and go, but how one approaches the process stays the same. I have always been consistent in my approach, honest and open in my discussion, with one overriding principle: what is for the good of the residents of this village.
While there are many different constituencies, and they all must be listened to, the residents are who we are elected by and who we represent.  A good elected official never has a personal agenda, never makes up his or her mind before they do the hard work and gain the knowledge it takes to make a reasoned decision. I never lose sight of that in my work as a trustee.
If re-elected, I pledge to continue to fight for this village we all love and to use my years of governmental experience and deep knowledge of village affairs to do the thorough job it takes to be the type of trustee the village deserves.
JEFF KATZ
Cooperstown

No comments:

Post a Comment